Will be tested at pilot scale in a relevant environment treating real urban wastewater in the long term.
Will implement a two-stage autotrophic BNR (nitritation + Anammox) in the mainstream for the first time
Will be tested at pilot scale in a relevant environment treating real urban wastewater in the long term
SAVING-E is a pilot project
Dealing with the radical transformation of the current wastewater treatment plants from being energy consumers to be energy-sufficient or even energy-producers.
Will truly offer environmental, economic and social advantages compared to the current technologies applied in urban WWTPs.
Will implement a two-stage autotrophic BNR (nitritation + Anammox) in the mainstream for the first time.
Will use all the organic matter entering to the WWTP for biogas production.
/ 7 / 7
Life Saving-E Layman’s Report
SAVING-E is a pilot project dealing with the transformation of the current wastewater treatment plants from being energy-consumers to energy-sufficient or even energy-producer facilities. With a total budget of 1.169.068, SAVING-E has a duration of 3.5 years (01/10/2015 – 31/03/2019).
SAVING-E is particularly grateful to the following corporations and foundations for their support towards helping to evaluate whether is possible or not the conversion of current urban WWTPs from being net-energy consumers into self-sufficient or even net-energy producers.
SAVING-E networking and professional development events. Stay tuned for our 2015-2019 event calendar. Don’t miss any event!
The main expected result is to demonstrate and to disseminate that the use of the SAVING-E technology will result in significant positive impacts in the current WWTPs, offering environmental, economic and social advantages, such as:
- Increase of 50% of the biogas production
- Reduction of 10% of the nitrogen discharge
- 30% of energy saving in the nitrogen removal process
- 40% of energy saving in the global treatment process
- Reduction of 20% of greenhouse gas emissions
1. 169. 068
Increase of the biogas production
Reduction of greenhouse gas emissions
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). One of the biggest public universities in Spain and coordinator of the SAVING-E project.
- Depuración Aguas del Mediterráneo (DAM). Private company focusing its services in operation and maintenance of sewage treatment plants and sanitation systems.
- Catalan Water Agency (ACA).Public company responsible for planning and managing the complete water cycle in Catalonia.
- WssTP. The European Technology Platform for Water
...27 November, 2019 News
This project aims at demonstrating that an innovative Anammox (ANaerobic AMMonium OXidation microorg...27 November, 2019 News
Subscribe to our newsletter