04 Mar Registrations open: SAVING-E final event
Next March 25th of 2019 will be celebrated the Final Event of LIFE SAVING-E project at Palau Robert in Barcelona (Passeig de Gràcia, 107, 08008 Barcelona).
The challenge of SAVING-E is to completely redesign an urban WWTP to convert it into an energy producer process rather than an energy consumer. The way to achieve this goal is by implementing a biologically autotrophic nitrogen removal process (partial nitrification + anammox) in the mainstream. On the other hand, there is an increase of the biogas production thanks to the derivation of a part of the organic matter. The main results obtained during the LIFE SAVING-E project will be presented during the event.
- 10:00 – 10:15 h: Reception
- 10:15 – 10:30 h: Welcome and presentation
- 10:30 – 11:00 h: Current status of the biologically nitrogen removal at WWTPs in Catalunya. Dr. Jordi Robusté (Agència Catalana de l’Aigua)
- 11:00 – 11:30 h: Comparison of classical and advanced technologies of biologically nitrogen removal. Dr. Julio Pérez Cañestro (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- 11:30 – 12:00 h: Coffee Break – Networking
- 12:00 – 12:30 h: SAVING-E Project: Aims and relevant results. Dr. Julián Carrera Muyo (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
- 12:30 – 13:00 h: Possibilities of implementation of SAVING-E technology in Spain. Dr. Javier Claros (Depuración de Aguas del Mediterráneo S.A.)
- 13:00 – 13:15 h: Conclusions and closing
For more info, you can also check our Twitter account